Thursday, May 27, 2010

Friends & Their Families


I love my friends to death. And I'm always thrilled when I get to meet their parents, as an extension of who my friends are. Same with their kids... I love their kids so much because they are a part of the friend I love so dearly. 

I've met my friend Monica's mom before and she is a true delight! But there was just something special about finally getting to meet her dad yesterday. I'm not sure if it's because I haven't met him before, or because I know and appreciate the special relationships between fathers and daughters, or what. But it was SOOO cool to meet him, I was so excited, but you know, instead totally tried to play it cool like I wasn't totally tripping over my words or acting like a moron. And I left shaking my head just sure they must be shaking theirs.

Have I ever mentioned my ridiculously low self-esteem and how I'm extremely critical of myself?

Anyway, I really enjoyed hanging out a little bit today with Tom and Lorraine. It was very special. And I grabbed some family pics while I was at it. :) Aren't they the cutest?!?!



I know so many friends who have really terrific parents, and I just consider it such an honor and blessing to know so many incredible people.

1 comment:

Leah said...

So glad you got to hang out with my family. They are pretty fun, huh? :) You really are a great friend to the Gee's!