Monday, September 20, 2010

Fall TV Line-up

I wanted to respond in detail to my friend Mary's post about her Fall TV Picks. But it's taken me a while to be able to get to it. Now that premiere week is finally here, I've got to get cracking!

I feel the same way as her about television. It's good entertainment. And having been a communication major, I love me some good entertainment. I also think it's important to be in the world, know what's going on, but not allow ourselves to become part of the world. I want to stay in check to make sure it's not brainwashing me. You would not know this by my upbringing: we were hardly allowed to watch any TV growing up. I know to some it's silly, but so long as we are finding good ways to keep active, I think we'll be alright.

For us of course, life will change dramatically in our television watching upon having children. We know this, we are okay with this, and just soaking it up while we have no other life. ;)

Most of the premieres are this week, of which I'm most excited for Monday & Tuesday nights!! So without further ado...



Monday
I heart Chuck. Again, just like Mary, if I had to pick only one show on television to watch, it would be Chuck (now that summer scheduling is over and Flashpoint is off the air). It really does help to know Zachary Levi (Chuck) is a Christian, so it's easy to want to pull for him and his show to succeed. Plus, it's mega good and Zac is nice to look at. Ahem.

I'm thinking I will give the other NBC new shows a try, The Event and Chase. I don't have a whole lot of hope that they'll survive (they are, after all, on the seemingly failing NBC network), but I will give them a chance anyway. I can't help it; I want NBC to survive. I hate that so many cable networks have so many weird and popular shows nowadays. 

Other shows I might give a whirl are Mike & Molly (8:30 pm CBS) just for the sheer fact that I appreciate them using actors that aren't a size 2 or 10. Also maybe Hawaii Five-O, but I'm a little nervous about it's raunchy factor, so we'll see.






Tuesday
This is an entirely CBS night for us. We loveee NCIS, NCIS: Los Angeles, and The Good Wife.

We definitely want to keep tabs on the hilarious comedy Melissa & Joey on ABC Family. We're not sure how often we'll get to see it the night it's on, but we'll DVR or Hulu it for sure. Usually I really enjoy watching The Biggest Loser, but I haven't been able to keep up with it lately. We just end up being too busy to get back to it when we record it, and it eats up space on our DVR. I wish it was on another night. :sad: We also considered No Ordinary Family (7 pm ABC), but again, this night is just too full. Come January or whenever it returns, we will keep tabs on ABC Family's Make It or Break It, for sure!


Wednesday
We're going to try Undercovers (7 pm NBC). We enjoy the spy shows, and this one looks like it has potential. But with our other nights so full, we may just need a break night!! However, we are still considering adding Better with You (7:30 pm ABC) and The Whole Truth (9 pm ABC) to the Wednesday night mix, but we'll know more after we see them the first time this week. These last two shows both have actors we really like so we'll at least give them a chance.


Thursday 
We were bored one night this summer and randomly flipped on CBS, and discovered a gem the rest of the country already knew about. The Big Bang Theory (7 pm CBS) is stinkin' hilarious!! We really don't like the title of the show, some of the things said bashing Creation, or the intro song, but it is so funny, it's hard to not watch it. It makes us laugh harder than anything else on television these days. I don't necessarily recommend it except for a hearty laugh. If you know where you stand on the issues of Creation vs. Evolution, pre-marital sex, etc, and know you won't be swayed by the silly lines they say, then go ahead and watch it. It's a hoot.

Other shows we'll be watching include the new comedy Outsourced (8:30 pm NBC) and The Mentalist (9 pm CBS). I considered My Generation (7 pm ABC), but I think we're going to have to skip it for the sake of time and sanity.




Friday
We are total Smallville junkies despite that we haven't enjoyed it quite as much the past year or two. It's still one of our alltime favorite shows. This will be its tenth and final year, and we will be watching every second of it. Sad to see it go, but it's time. This show also includes our two television crushes, mine in Tom Welling (Clark Kent) and Tim's in Erica Durance (Lois Lane). *sigh* Goodbye Tom, it was fun while it lasted. I hope you appear in something else again soon. :) Catch the final season of Smallville Fridays at 7 pm on The CW. Watch the preview here.

We will also try the new show Blue Bloods (9 pm CBS). I had considered LoneStar (Fox) but feel like it's not appealing enough to fill yet another timeslot in our house. So it got the boot. I mean, something had to, right?!

Sunday
Undercover Boss is one amazing reality show. If you watch nothing else on TV, but like heartwarming stories, check out this show. (8 pm CBS)

What will you be watching?

2 comments:

Monica Gee said...

It should be no surprise to you that none of those shows are on our list. :-) We are watching Castle, Bones, House, Glee, Dancing with the Stars, Biggest Loser, 30 Rock, The Office, Community, and Parks and Recreation.

Can we still be friends?

Rochelle said...

Haha Mon, of course! I am not at all surprised. But lol, will we still have anything to talk about?!?! ;)