Saturday, October 2, 2010

My Dad

My dad is a special guy. Today we threw him a surprise 60th birthday party.

I'd been planning this for a month or so, along with my brother, sister-in-law, aunts, uncles, and cousins. We were getting people together who hadn't seen each other in years. It was meant to be a huge blessing to my dad.

And it was. But it was also a huge blessing to the rest of us. We left with our hearts full of joy and oozing with happiness.

Dad definitely enjoyed it and was surprised. My cheeks hurt from smiling and laughing so much. I soaked up every last second.

It was bliss. :)

L to R: Uncle Steve {from Georgia}, cousin Michael {from Colorado--haven't seen him since our wedding in 6/00}, Dad, me, my brother Tim
Too funny - hate that dad's eyes are closed but it's the only pic like this we have and I still love it anyway
Uncle Steve and niece Olivia helping with the cake and candles
L to R: me, cousin Michael, cousin Stephanie {who lives an hour away but we never work it out to get together :( and I haven't seen her since our Grandma's funeral about 5 yrs ago}, and my brother Tim
L to R: cousin Stephanie's 2nd to youngest {of 6} kids Maddie, my niece Olivia, and my niece Cayley
Me with Uncle Steve and his son Michael - love these guys and beyond thrilled to spend the day with them!!!
We love you dad! More than you know!! Happy 60th!

3 comments:

Liz Mays said...

That was such a special thing you did!!! How sweet!

Catherine Tannehill said...

Hello Rochelle,

We wanted to tell you how much we are impressed with your blog. The article about your Dad is very touching and relatable. You have a great writing talent. It is obvious you are as dedicated to helping those suffering with fibromyalgia as we are. We have enjoyed reading your posts about your life with fibromyalgia.

We would like to introduce you to our blog, www.painandfibromyalgia.com, which is dedicated to providing much needed information about fibromyalgia. We hope you will find the articles informative.

We are contacting you to ask if you would consider exchanging blog links on each of our sites. We would love to add a link to your blog site from our blog site. It is our goal to help publicize great efforts such as yours.

If you would like to participate in a blog link exchange, have questions or would like to discuss other blog collaboration options, you may email me at: ctannehill@austin.rr.com – or – simply post a reply on your blog.

Thank you very much for your consideration. Hope to hear from you very soon.

Wishing you all the best in all your good deeds for fibro,

Catherine Tannehill
www.painandfibromyalgia.com
Lotus Life Solutions

Stephanie said...

I LOVE the picture of your nieces and Maddi!! Can't wait to see more.