Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving

Last year at this time, my sister-in-law Jeremi and I were cooking our first turkey at my dad's house. We'd celebrated with Tim's family the weekend before, and decided our first ever Thanksgiving at my dad's was in order since my brother and his family moved to within just a couple hours of his house last year.


This year, we are back in my hometown celebrating with my family. Breakfast with mom and stepdad, took a walk, baked pies with mom, watched the Macy's parade, spent the rest of the day with my mom's side of the family at my Grandpa's house, and now we are relaxing at the only place we can get WiFi today--my brother's house. At the moment, we're watching 4 year old Cayley in a tickle fight with her dad {my brother}. It's been a day full of celebration, thanksgiving, blessing, and laughter.

I feel truly, utterly blessed today with such a marvelous family. Thanks be to God!!!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

1 comment:

Missy Schranz said...

Isn't it fun spending a day with family? I did, too, with my husband's family. :0)