Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Two Weeks Ago

I can hardly believe how quickly the past couple of weeks have flown by! So without getting even further away from the events of two weeks ago, I've got to get this posted!

Last October Tim celebrated 10 years with the company he works at. For his gift, they got him two Chicago Blackhawks game tickets {hockey}, a limo service to and from the game, and time off from work to enjoy the game. The tickets were for two weeks ago on Wednesday, March 23rd.



I took a half day off work and the limo picked us up at our house at 4 pm. We weren't sure what to expect. Then we looked out the window and saw this:


Wowsers.



It was incredible!! We had an enjoyable, relaxing, fun time.



The United Center is really vibrant and exhilarating during a Blackhawks game!


It was amazing and I'm sooo glad we got the chance to go! I've loved hockey since college when friends of mine took me to several games for the Fort Wayne Komets hockey team {and since they knew one of the players and we sometimes got in for free!} and Tim is a more recent lover of hockey given that the Blackhawks are one of the only winning teams we have in Chicago right now!



On Thursday night, Tim, me, and our friend Annemarie went to the movie preview for Soul Surfer. Check out my review here.

Friday all of our new office chairs at work arrived, yay! Out with the old...


...and in with the new. Woohoo!



Friday Tim & I babysat Parker {for the first time together} and it was so great! We had so much fun hanging out with the little guy. :)







Saturday we slept in - me until 10:30. It was sooo nice, I hadn't slept in for quite some time! {Sadly I was unable to sleep later that night!} It was a slow-going morning, and Tim made me quite the breakfast with scrambled eggs, sausage, and wheat toast. Yum! He's so good to me. :)


That night we went to our church, had a spontaneous dinner date, and rounded up the evening with a spontaneous two hours of hanging out with a couple of good church friends. It was a really great night!

Sunday we visited Brian & Monica's church with them to watch Parker get dedicated. It was so amazing. I'm amazed I only cried a little bit. It was seriously one of the proudest, sweetest moments of my life. I'm so incredibly blessed to have been able to be there.

Up front with the other families at church
Then we went back to their house for a fun time of hanging out, laughing, and eating a yummy brunch!

Don't worry, he was actually happy, not sure how I got this look caught on camera... I had to share it though with him in his handsome suit!
Awww :)
Playing peek-a-boo with me from behind the chair
The awesome fruit platter
Incredible table display
One big happy family! L to R: hubby, Andy, Andy's mom Julie, Brian's sister Nicky, Brian's mom Cyndi, Brian, Parker, & Monica
One more angle so you can see more of the yummy food, and Parker!
Seriously some of the best. food. ever. 
Parker opening presents!
He totally loves this caterpillar!
A couple days later I brought the gift I'd forgotten on the day of the dedication, and Parker seemed to enjoy the little owl with the Scripture on it. :) 

That wraps up that week! It's been pretty crazy since then, as you know from some recent posts. That was a really great week a couple weeks ago though and I just had to share it with you. :)



2 comments:

Liz Mays said...

You really rode in style to that game. I'm glad you had a great time! And the whole weekend with Parker was wonderful. He's an awfully cute little guy!

Kimberly said...

What a FUN week!! That limo. ride must have been something else!