Wednesday, May 25, 2011

California Fun

It's been a weird week. Tim's been working late each night as their company moves {one floor up in their building where there's more space}. I vowed to not work as late this week because last week was so crazy, and I've got too much stuff to do personally, it'll just make me end up in the looney bin if I push too hard {and of course, that'd flare the Fibro}. So I'm trying to chill a little bit this week {despite that work is crazier than ever and I'm nearly freaking out about it...}!

Anyway, so not seeing Tim quite as much as normal, it's nice to reflect back on this past weekend when we got a lot of really great time together, and also back to our California trip! It's hard to believe it's already been over 2 weeks since we've been back and I still haven't had a chance to go through all those crazy 1100 pictures, ack!!!

So without further ado, here are some of our fun pics from CA {you know, the kind you wouldn't normally show people, except that I could care less since I'm already confident I look like a total goober anyways}...

Cousin Jenna, her roomie Jena, & I at Yogurtland in downtown Santa Barbara about 10 pm the day we arrived in SB - they were stressing {T -2 days until graduation and moving out} - sooo fun!
I mean really, look at that backdrop! Who cares that it was overcast, it was still gorgeous!!
As we were leaving SB, it was super windy and we caught a bit of a sandstorm.
The night we arrived in Manhattan Beach {just south of LA} it was in the 50s and really windy! We were freezing, but it was a lot of fun walking the pier and watching the sunset!
Having a run-in with a shark at the round-about aquarium on the Manhattan Beach Pier.
Me & Mickey outside the Disney Store & Soda Fountain on Hollywood Blvd.
Our first full day in SB, Tim realized he was freezing and needed to go to the mall to buy a jacket. {I packed in layers knowing the weather was going to be all over the place. He, um, did not.} This is the cell phone pic I took to share with my coworker/friend Abigail to show her what we were doing at the time she was texting me in SB. That's right, visiting California and we were hanging in the mall. Nice. {But on the plus side, Tim loves that jacket & it was definitely needed!}
I wanna be like her when I grow up. 
Sitting on a log on the end of the SB pier, causing me to have a couple moments of nervousness being so close to the edge and teetering above the ocean :::eebie jeebie::: - although yes, the log was firmly nailed down! - This pic was our crazy attempt to take our own pic but I have to admit I feared the phone slipping and hitting the ocean just a wee bit!
The sun was bright, I was sitting on the sandy beach, and barely able to see the front of my phone... and this is the lovely pic of Tim that came out of him standing in front of the ocean. DOH!
Yippee, I'm playing in the sand on Manhattan Beach in California!!!!! 
And now as the thunder roars in the distance, the rain starts to pour, and hubster is finally on his way home, I bid you good night!

No comments: