Sunday, May 20, 2012

Work Potluck Lunch

This past week we had one of our off-site editors in-house to visit, have meetings, and go through some new procedures. It took up a lot of time, but the end result was really, really good.

On Friday before he left, we had a book division potluck lunch and it was really fun! Since it was over 80 degrees outside, we decided to have it in the back part of our lunchroom, and it turned out really well.

I'd seen this recipe on Pinterest, so I had to give it a whirl, but with some slight adjustments. I was delightfully surprised on how it all turned out! :)

I cut them smaller so they'd be more like roll-ups and finger foods instead of half of a larger wrap. I also used a mix of regular tortillas & spinach herb tortillas to wrap them in.

Turkey, cucumber, & cream cheese roll-ups

Then for the vegan in our bunch, I did some experimenting and it turned out great, she loved them! Whew!! :)


Hummus, red & green pepper, & cucumber roll-ups

 And a few pics from the lunch:



Despite the extreme challenges, exhaustion, and chaos that ensued all week, I'm extremely thankful & blessed to get to work with such extraordinary people every day!



1 comment:

Liz Mays said...

You're so sweet to go to all that trouble. They looked delicious!