Tuesday, September 11, 2012

National Invisible Chronic Illness Awareness Week



Yesterday started National Invisible Chronic Illness Awareness Week. Throughout this week I'll be posting about Fibromyalgia and Chronic Illnesses.

I try not to do this in excess generally since I know a lot of you come here for other things and because I run out of things to say about it. But the rest of my posts this week will be focused on it. I'm not sure how many I'll have time to do since it's an extremely busy week and my pain is flared up from traveling this past weekend... so we'll see.

But there you have it. Please reach out to those around you who you love if they have a chronic illness. It means a lot to them to be supported and understood. Do some research about their illness and see what you can learn that will help you understand more of what they're going through every day.

Living with chronic illness every day can sometimes be a dark, lonely, depressing, hard road. One person reaching out can make all the difference.

[Note: I do not mean to imply pity or any such thing on myself, I'm simply trying to help raise awareness and get us to all think about those around us and what they're going through.]