Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Fibromyalgia Reality

The hard reality about Fibromyalgia is its utter unpredictability.

And the fact that there just isn't much to say about it anymore.

I started this blog as a way to help educate others about Fibro, and now, so often, I just don't have anything interesting or useful to say about it.

There's just nothing different in my life with it. It's always there. Ever-present. Never going away. Even if I don't mention it, it's not because things are better or because I've found some new cure (by the way, there isn't one!).

It's because it's part of my life now. My daily routine. Everything I do and say comes with Fibro. It's just part of me now. I've accepted it. It's part of who I am.

How do you talk about that? I certainly have no idea.

I'm okay. Trucking along as I adjust to motherhood. Being a mom is a hard adjustment, as many of you know. Add Fibromyalgia into the mix and it sure makes things interesting. But it's my life. And I'm okay. Some days are just super hard and I have to push through the pain. Other days hubby can step up and help (which he's been amazing at, regardless of whether I ask or not!). And other days I just cry a lot and try not to freak out.

It is what it is.

Back we go to posting way too many pictures and details about my kiddo, but I don't care.

He's just too dag gone cute, and we waited far too long for me to be sensitive about whether or not people actually want to know this much about my son. I'm okay if you don't want to. But I think you should because he's pretty amazing. :) Way more interesting than me or my Fibromyalgia!


1 comment:

Carol said...

He sure is fun to see, Rochelle. I agree about Fibro, in fact I've given away most of the books I've bought about it. Living life and putting the Fibro in the background and life in the foreground is much more fun. He is a darling little guy. Blessings to you both. Carol