Thursday, June 26, 2008

Happy 30th Birthday to me

Today is my 30th birthday.

I'm still in a bit of shock about it. I can't believe I'm actually 30. It just seems impossible... and it seems so old! I mean, no offense to anyone older than me, I just feel like it was just yesterday when I turned 20 and I was so excited! Now, I'm practically depressed! I know it'll only get more depressing with each decade, so I'm trying to embrace it and not dwell on the negatives (not having kids yet, etc).

God has abundantly blessed me this past year, and I'm trying to focus on all of the positives about turning 30... I'm wiser than I was when I turned 20, I've grown up quite a bit, I've faced adversity and survived it, I've grown a lot in my relationship with Christ, I'm happily married, I'm a college graduate, I moved out of my parents home and now live on my own with a terrific husband in a crazy big city, I've been diagnosed with a difficult condition but God has given me strength to get through each of those dark and new days, and on and on I could go.

God is good. I may be thirty now, but I want to consider myself wiser with age, and more where I want to be than I was 10 years ago. I still have a long way to go and a lot more to do, and I want to make it happen within this next decade. I pray that God will really use me in these next 10 years... that my goals will be reached through what he has in store for me, that I may be able to produce 2-3 great kids with my wonderful hubby, that we will continue to grow in our marriage and our relationship with Christ, and again, on and on I could go.

30.

It seems daunting, but now I'm thinking that it's pretty spectacular. Thank you Lord for your goodness to me these last 30 years and for allowing me to live this long. May there be 30 more great years on earth to serve you.

And thank you to my wonderful coworkers who surprised me this morning with a spectacularly decorated office. The streamers, balloons, walking stick, 30 sign, 30 pinata, and large sign are all making me feel very special and loved today. My dear friend Tracie is coming into town tonight for a couple of days, and it's going to be just wonderful. Now I am definitely feeling excited!!

No comments: