Sunday, August 24, 2008

Hometown Ministry Fair & Olympics

This weekend our church held a Hometown Ministry Fair to showcase all of the different ministries, and to get people plugged in. It was the Fall ministry kickoff. It was great and so much fun!! We had a unicyclist, popcorn, fun games, and all sorts of other things. I had such a great time seeing people I know, getting to meet new people, and serving Christ. It was a long time on my feet, but that was the only downside... by the end of it I was pretty sure I wouldn't even make it to my car. But I did! :) Whew. It was such an honor to serve... but I sadly admit that my body is deeply paying for it now.
Here are some pictures to highlight the event for you....
Here's our booth for the Straight Up Conference (we won 2nd place)... go to www.straightupconference.org for more information
One of our four pillars, along with a picture of a staff member helping promote the fair
It was a great turnout!
Me talking with a possible volunteer
The front of our church with old cars in front of it (again for the fair)
Me with Susan, the volunteer coordinator for Straight Up
A very familiar sign within our church, and our favorite saying... YOU ARE LOVED!
Free notepads we gave out to anyone who signed up to help
Our 2nd place ribbon

And now a solemn, somewhat sad, but also happy, farewell to the 2008 Olympics. We enjoyed watching the athletes, cheering them on (especially Michael Phelps and Shawn Johnson), and we look forward to the games in another 4 years in London. In the meantime, we are excited to start the Fall TV lineup shortly... and to be able to sleep well again without being so tense from the Olympic excitement!! :)

No comments: