Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Proud Moments

I figured I needed to post some more pictures of our Memorial Day trip back home to see my family and meet my nephew, before I start posting from this past weekend!

I can't seem to help myself when it comes to sharing oodles of pictures. I know it could be total overkill, but Memorial Day weekend was seriously such a precious, relaxing, wonderful weekend for me I can't help but share it with you all. Thank you for indulging me. :)

I love & adore my brother so much and reflecting on so many proud moments over the course of the weekend as I review the pictures is delightful and heartwarming {as I lay on the couch hoping the laptop doesn't burn a hole in my lap!}.





Our 4 generation picture - Grandpa {who is 91}, mom, my brother & I, and his 3 kids
Getting the kids set up for this picture





My brother {senior pastor at a church of about 70-80 people in our hometown} giving a couple Study Bibles to his high school graduates that I helped him get since I work for the publisher. Proud moment. :)
I stared at this little face as much as humanly possible. This was a special moment as we were all alone at the house, the rest of the family was within shouting distance down at the beach of the lake mom & stepdad live on, and I just stared at him, held him, looked out over the lake, listened to the beautiful sound of my family laughing and playing, and praised God for his abundant gifts.
My lovely farewell party as I departed on Amtrak. 

My family is so close to my heart and I am so thankful for them. Thank you for sharing in these pictures with me. :)

2 comments:

Liz Mays said...

I'm positive that every member of your family is as wonderful as you are, although I find that hard to believe.

Rochelle said...

awww shucks ::blush::