Saturday, April 28, 2012

Fibro Freaking Out

10-11 hour work days + Busy lives + Fibromyalgia = 1 very burnt-out, exhausted, and totally drained girl.

Enter Friday night. Collapsed on the recliner, my body writhing in pain.

At 9:30 our weekend guests arrived {our non-stressful dear friends Jason & Anna}, and we finalized plans for today's trip into Chicago while I also forewarned them that it was possible I might not even be able to move in the morning.

Enter this morning. I managed to get up and crawl out of bed, clearly running on adrenaline. I'm so very glad that I did!

But after an incredible day in Chicago, my body is D.O.N.E.

And somehow I have to get up tomorrow to serve at church. It's going to be interesting.


image via


2 comments:

Liz Mays said...

I hope that after church you were at least able to do that "not moving" thing for the rest of the day!

Charlote said...

I can relate to those days when you do so much that by the end of the day you just want to drop to the ground. One thing that helps me deal with my fibromyalgia pain on days like this is http://onlineceucredit.com/edu/social-work-ceus-pain. I hope that you can get some help for this!