Monday, May 19, 2008

Nothing else like it

Ya know, today was a bad day. Work wasn't bad. The commute was bad. Awful. Terrible. Miserable. Even on the way home, once again, I was very frustrated with drivers. I know I shouldn't be, and I need to just relax. So the Holy Spirit gently nudged me and reminded me that God is building my character. So after I kept getting stuck behind ridiculously slow people (who should not be in the left lane unless they're turning soon... and they didn't turn the entire way...) I kept saying out loud "God is building my character... God is building my character". And I safely arrived at home.

After getting the mail, getting settled, and checking home email, I listened to a new voicemail.

There is nothing else like it in the world like getting cheered up by a voicemail where my five-year-old niece Olivia joyfully proclaims "I ACCEPTED JESUS INTO MY HEART!"

I immediately burst into tears... tears of utter and complete joy. It was a floodgate of relief and immense gratitude to God for such a wonderful and amazing family. We are so proud of her! I called her back and she told me it again and I just wanted to reach through the phone and give her a huge hug. Not just for helping to cheer me up of course, but because we are so thrilled for her. We don't have to worry EVER about where little Olivia will spend eternity should, God forbid, something happen to her.

Oh, my heart is so full. So thankful. So blessed. And feeling so silly for stressing over some traffic woes when I could have spent 45 minutes praying and growing in intimacy with the Lord. Oh God, forgive this sinful heart. Thank you for bringing sweet little Olivia into your Kingdom. You are so good God!!

Proverbs 22:6

No comments: