Friday, May 22, 2009

Fibromyalgia and the Bowen Technique

Last night I had my friend Ericka come over who recently became a licensed practitioner of the Bowen Technique. She attends my church and we've become good friends over the past few years. We don't get to see each other very often [we have 3 services at our church and she attends a different one], but she willingly came to my house to work on me. Since I hate my long commute and didn't want to drive the extra one hour round-trip that it would take to get to her place north of mine, she offered to come to me. She is so sweet!!

I had never heard of the Bowen Technique before her. I'm still not sure I totally get it. But let me tell you, something is working!!!!!!! I feel amazing today. I'm really groggy and out of it, but the treatment was great. I don't understand how it really works; it almost feels like nothing is being done because it's just small, gentle movements. She only did two minor movements on me last night, but wow, I felt it immediately!

Everyone is always a bit surprised at just how sensitive I am to treatments. I get strange tingling sensations all over my body that totally freak me out (she had to calmly remind me to relax, let my body do the work, and just go with it - which really helped calm my anxiety), and I get some other strange sensations too but the tingling is the worst. It makes me think I'm going to pass out or something. But it didn't, we went with it, and let my body just do its thing to heal itself.

It'll be interesting to see how I feel in the next few days and weeks. I'll keep you posted as we proceed with treatments.

For more information, go to www.bowtech.com.

Bless you, dear Ericka.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for posting this information... I've never heard of this & will definately share with my mom.

~Hugs, HL

Rochelle said...

No problem! :) Hope it can help.