Saturday, May 23, 2009

Fibromyalgia & Chronic Fatigue

I've often heard that Fibromyalgia Syndrome and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome go hand-in-hand or often get misdiagnosed for each other. One of the symptoms of Fibro is fatigue though, so it can be hard to distinguish between the two.

I have to say that one of the most frustrating things with my Fibro symptoms can be the overwhelming fatigue. It never ceases to amaze me sometimes just how out of it, groggy, weak, lethargic, or severely fatigued I can get. Last weekend I was barely able to move, breathe, or function at all without being hit with an utterly overwhelming fatigue. It's shocking, frustrating, and disabling. I can't do anything when it hits me that hard.

Thankfully it tends to hit over the weekends so it doesn't affect my ability to work. But it's frustrating as I get further and further behind on housework or have to stick my husband with those duties (he's great about helping, I just feel awful that I can't do more). I wonder if it has something to do with adrenaline and pushing through the week, then it's like my body just knows now when I hit Friday night/Saturday morning and POOF, up goes the pain & fatigue levels.

I find the same thing happens if I have a big event or family/friends visiting from out of town... once the adrenaline is gone, I'm doomed.

Any of you have that same problem?

No comments: