Friday, January 15, 2010

Fabulous Friday

I'm soooo glad it's Friday!!!! It's been a long week... my first full week of work since mid-December. But it's also been really good to get back into a normal routine, including my regular workouts. Soo nice!

But, today is also a very bittersweet day for me. My dear friend and coworker Sherah is leaving us today. She has been such a joy to work with the past few years. We didn't get really close until the past year or so, and even more so when she moved upstairs and worked just a few feet away from me for the past 6 months. {There's just something about working in close vicinity that brings you closer together.}

Sherah is one of the most positive people I know. She can turn anything around to make it positive, and she's been such an inspiration to me! Whenever we don't know the answers to editing questions, we pull our heads together and just figure it out. She's ridiculously fun and funny, makes me think, is so understanding and loving about the Fibro, and is such a godly young woman. I love her to death, and am so privileged to have worked with her for the time that I did.

Thank you, Sherah, for gracing us with your presence these past few years. You have been a true joy! I'm glad we'll still see each other, albeit not every day, but still often. I'm sooo excited for you & Marty on this next adventure of yours! I simply cannot wait to see your little man and watch you be a great mom!!


Marty & Sherah at their wedding March 2008:

 Sherah, Monica, and baby Parker at lunch on Wednesday
 
Sherah & I at lunch yesterday

Sherah & her awesome Thai lunch
 


Blessings, dear friend! You will be missed.

3 comments:

Liz Mays said...

I trust that you'll be staying in touch with your friend though?!!

Rochelle said...

yeppers :) she's just about 20 min from here {the opposite direction for me though} but will visit here and i'll visit there. it'll work. just not quite the same.

Sherah said...

Just read this, Rochelle. Thanks so much :)