Tuesday, August 11, 2009

S'mores, Friends, and What Fibro Feels Like Today

I had so much fun last night after dinner making s'mores with hubster! It was such fun to have an excuse to eat s'mores and be silly.
__________

I got a card recently from my bestest friend (remember this post?), and it was such a sweet, cheerer-upper kind of card. You know, regular mail. Remember what that is? ;)

So I just had to share it with you...

You know how there are some friends
who can come over
when your hair is dirty
and your dishes are piling,
and they still love you...

And there are some friends
who start nodding
when you're three words
into your sentence,
because they know what
you're going to say,
and already agree...

And there are some friends
you can tell
"That really hurt my feelings,"
even though it's scary
but you care about them
so much it's worth resolving...

And there are some friends
who you can giggle with
about anything,
because you happen
to have the same
sense of humor.

You and I
are ALL those friends
and more!

(c) American Greetings

I love it! It made my day, brought a smile to my face, and a tear to my eye. It's so special to have a friend like that, who knows when you need to hear stuff like that. And I'm so thankful to have such an array of close friends who lift me up when I need it, encourage me when I need it, and tell it to me like it is when I need it! :) I'm so blessed and so thankful. And I'm thankful for all of you blogging friends and the way you've touched my heart and life too! So thanks!!!
________

Today I had to get a 32 oz. Pepsi to help me stay awake. Today I feel like someone jumped on my back. Today I feel like someone stuffed my nose full of kleenex and I can't breathe. Today I feel like my neck is on backwards. Today I feel drowsy, fatigued, exhausted, perplexed, but not despaired. I know God is in control. I have to stay positive so I don't feel worse. I want to remain positive and not let Satan get the best of me. So...

Today is another great day the Lord has made; I will rejoice and be glad in it [even though I feel like crap]!!

:)

No comments: